Sunday, November 2, 2014

To Be a Masterpiece

     Ever looked at a Masterpiece and wondered just how it came to be?  Was it created by a novice?  Probably not.  Was it created quickly?  Ummm...no.  A Masterpiece can only be created by one....a Master. 
     Did you ever try to fix a broken piece of pottery, a picture frame or even touch up a painting that had faded?  Didn't work very well did it?  Cracks show and paint doesn't match.  Unless you are a Master potter, frame maker or painter, it's just not going to turn out so great.  And me, when I try to fix something I want it fixed quickly.  Just not enough patience and always want things fixed before they are ready.  
     It came to mind this week that a Masterpiece can't be a Masterpiece until we leave it in the hands of the Master.  Of course I'm not talking about a sculpture or painting, although this would apply there as well.  I'm talking about our Creator. 
      The Master.  The Word tells us in Proverbs 139:13 that the Master, God, created every part of me.  He put me together in my mother's womb.  So who better to go to when we have a problem but the One who created us?  Verse 15 says that when my bones were being formed, carefyully put together in my mother's womb, when I was growing there in secret, God knew that I was there.  He had already allotted my days before they even began.
     Wow.  God not only knows me, but He knew me before I was even formed.  In fact, He, the Master, put me together!  And He even already knows how many days I will live.  Psalm 139:1 and forward of that same chapter says "Lord, you have examined me and You know me.  You know everything I do; from far away you understand all my thoughts."  He knows if we are working or resting.  He knows all our actions.  He knows what we will say before we say it.  He surrounds us on every side.  He protects us with His power.  There is no where we can go that He is not.
     What a Master.  He not only created us, He knows absolutely everything about us.  Start to finish and everything in between.  He knows when we are going to fail Him too.  And it hurts Him.  But He is not just any Master.  While not everyone surrenders to the Master, He still knows all.  There is absolutely no sin that can be hidden from Him.  Adam and Eve tried.  It didn't work back then and it won't work now. 
     But our Master.  He forgives.  There is not a sin He won't forgive.  There is not a hurt He won't heal.  There is not a broken thing, created by Him, that He won't repair.  Is your life broken?  He created it.  He would like to fix it.  But the Master can't make a Masterpiece until we leave all the pieces in His Hands.  Every piece.  Just give it all to the Master.  He will restore like no other.  May not be in a flash but it could be.  And it could take years.  But He can't start until you give it all to Him.  Every piece.  Won't you give it all to Him today? 
    

    

No comments:

Post a Comment