Friday, August 24, 2018

Beauty from Ashes

     Just block her.  That's what I was told.  She had found my number connected to him on a website.  She didn't know who she was texting, but I was one of those who got a text.  'Sorry, not sorry that I caught you with your new girlfriend.'  Oh boy.  Here we go again.
     Over the years I had learned not to call him when this sort of thing happened because he wasn't going to answer.  But he might respond to a text.  When he told me this time to block her, I decided not to.  Oh I had in the past.  Had blocked many numbers that had brought harassment related to his infidelities.  But this time I decided to first see what she had to say.  But, more importantly, tell her about Jesus.
     It wasn't long before truth took over.  In many ways.  We discovered she had been lied to almost as much as I had.  He had just had lunch with her a week prior and made plans for their future.  She had no idea that he was living with this woman.  He told her that I had postponed the divorce over and over and she even knew all the court dates.  He failed to tell her that I had counterfiled on grounds of adultery and that he had denied committing adultery. He painted me as the horrible person who tortured him and himself as the innocent victim.
     Over the course of the next few days, I discovered this lady had been used and hurt for almost 4 years.  Strung along and lead to believe there would be a future.  But, at the same time, being harassed by another woman and discovering even more indiscretions than I even knew about.
     We became friends.  My heart hurt for her and her heart hurt for me.  We hurt for each other's kids.  Now that truth was really coming to light.
     Then, one year ago tonight, something happened.  I'll let her tell you.  Please click on this link to see what happened. 
Susie’s Story
     I hope you could hear through my tears.  That night I had no idea that she was in such deep despair.  I knew something was wrong.  But I didn't know how bad it was.  When it was all happening, when we were praying, it was just so amazing!  After years and years of women contacting me because of him, I was finally getting to be a part of God doing something big!
     You see, over the years I had had many calls, notes, social media messages, texts, you name it.  All informing me about his other relationships while we were married.  Some were women he had scorned and they were mad.  Some had caught him with another and still others had discovered we were still married even though he told them we weren't.
     There was a time when I would almost start the phone conversations asking the women if they knew Jesus.  One day I asked God to make it all stop.  I had just had too much.  I didn't want to deal with it anymore.
     It did stop for a while.  Only to start up again, larger and more involved.  My faith was questioned and mocked.  My kids suffered.  And more and more people were drawn in to the disgusting life he had followed the devil into.
     But back to my friend.  That night God had a plan.  He loved her so much that, He not only wanted to save her life, but He wanted to save her soul!  He wanted her to be His precious daughter!
     I didn't know, that night, what she was going through.  I just knew what God wanted me to do.  And then, almost two weeks ago, I got to witness her baptism. I can’t even begin to describe the joy!
     I can't tell you how many times I've asked the Lord to use this mess.  To take away the pain.  To let truth prevail.  Seeing the Holy Spirit all over her face in this picture just tells it all.  
What the devil meant for evil, God IS using for good! (Genesis 50:20).  And I am so thankful to be a part. And this video is absolutely beautiful. Beauty from ashes.
Susie’s Baptism

2 comments:

  1. You are a beautiful person inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your kindness is very much appreciated. Thank you.

      Delete