Monday, September 23, 2013

Think on These Things

Seems like I always write about happy things.  And I'm sure some of my readers (all 2 or 3 of you) wonder why.  While my life is far from perfect, I've learned that dwelling on the not-so-great things doesn't do me any good.  The Word tells us in Philippians 4:8 to think on whatever is true, honorable, right, pure, lovely or admirable. It says that if there is any excellence and if anything is worthy of praise, we are to dwell on these things.  Verse 9 goes on to say that if we dwell on these things, the peace of God will be with us.  Peace isn't the absence of conflict but it is the presence of God. We can all use more of God's peace so I choose to 'think on these things' whenever possible.
That being said, I have a new car!!!!!!!!!  It has just about every bell and whistle I could ever imagine on a car!  I ask it to make a call and it makes a call.  Unfortunately it doesn't always call who I ask it to call.  But still.  A car that talks to me and makes phone calls! So cool!  Also it has a backup camera that displays on a screen on the dash when I back up.  So I sit in the driveway with the car in reverse just so I can use the camera!  Just how cool is that!  (Ok, so maybe I'm just easily entertained!)
Yesterday I needed to make a short trip out of town.  I was traveling alone so I didn't have my human GPS with me like I normally do when I go out of town.  I set the car GPS and also my phone GPS just in case.  They gave me directions....different directions!  Between the two of them I got close to my destination but finally had my car call for better directions and my car and I arrived safely.  
The radio on this car is also a new experience for me.  One of the first things I learned was setting up the Bluetooth where my music plays from my phone.  If anyone has read my tweets, you know I LOVE the song "Overcomer" by Mandisa.  Somehow I got my phone set to repeat the song and my new car played "Overcomer" non-stop for quite some time!  Then I discovered Satellite radio.  While I'm sure the drivers behind me have become quite distraught at times as I slowed down to figure out my radio, I was thrilled to find I can listen to Elvis all day every day!  Well at least until the 90 day free trial is over.
Whatsoever things are true, honorable, right, pure, lovely or admirable.  I could get discouraged thinking my car has too much for me to learn.  Or I can look at it as something fun and a challenge.  But since I had my last car for 3 years and still wasn't sure how to turn on the headlights,  you might not want to follow me too closely.  Just smile and think on these things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment