Thursday, October 24, 2013

Fashion Diva.....me???????? Hmmm.....

     A few days ago I was called something I had never been called before.  A fashion diva.  At first I laughed.  Thought about it a second time and laughed again.  In fact I laughed about it every time I thought about it for the next day or so.
     As the week progressed I started to realize something.....being called a fashion diva had somehow snuck into my brain and subconsiously I was matching boots with leggings with dresses and skirts.  Each sweater or jacket had to compliment the rest of the ensemble.  Earrings had to work with necklaces which had to match bracelets and rings.  What was I becoming!!!!!!
     New combinations of eye shadow colors were applied every morning and touched up at noon.  Mascara was put on layer by layer.  Lips were not without lipstick for very long.  Oh my....was this really me?!?!
     Each morning I speed to work.  Too much mirror time before I leave.  Should I maybe get up a little earlier?  I doubt that would help as I would probably spend even more time primping, matching, accessorizing. 
     I wasn't always this way.  When I was a kid my grandmother made almost everything I wore and most outfits were identical to ones worn by my sister.  I never even had a pair of store bought jeans until I was 14 or 15 years old.  To this day I still don't understand sizes because everything was made to fit, not taken from a rack.  As a teenager I would pick something out of a catalog or draw a picture and within a week I had that exact outfit, made to fit only me, one of a kind and made with love.  Hmmm....was that the beginning of diva-hood?
     As a young mom, I spent most days in t-shirts or sweatshirts and stretchy pants.  Because money was so tight, there were times I went more than a year without buying new clothes for myself.  Could that have caused a craving inside of me for new, fashionable clothes?
     Whatever the reason, I am enjoying my diva status.  It's really fun!  Don't know how long it will last, but I'm thinking it may be getting on my kids' nerves a little bit.  Awwwwww......and that is a bonus!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment