Thursday, January 9, 2014

Life Lessons from Pippa

     Today I am blogging at lunch in my office break room because we have a layer of ice on the roads and it has been treacherous driving the last two days. Plus it's still difficult to do much with a new baby in the house so blogging at home is sometimes out of the question.
     Oh that baby!  I had forgotten what it was like!  So much loving that turns from puppy kisses to puppy bites and hurt feelings for both parties. A little escape artist who is playing in her pen one minute and outside the pen.  Her little head tilted to the side as she contemplates how to get her food bowl out as well!  She's a real hoot!
     I guess the biggest lesson I have learned so far with Pippa is that the way we respond to others really does make a difference. Knowing she's a baby and has to learn needs to temper our responses to her biting and attacking at times. It has made me think about how I respond to others. If someone says or does something wrong to me I know I can be quick to snap back. But Pippa is teaching me that sometimes the other party doesn't realize they have done something wrong. She's showing me that I need to think before responding harshly.  And if I 'bite back', that other person might just return with even a harder bite, harsh words etc. All the while, real communication isn't happening and everyone ends up getting hurt. 
     Gotta get back to work. And I'm sure I have lots more Pippa lessons to learn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment