Friday, January 3, 2014

Presley Isabella Parks

     I am quickly learning that writing a blog with a new baby in the house isn't easy!  New Years Eve brought Presley Isabella Parks into our lives.  "Pippa" for short.  While Pippa is actually a fur baby, she has changed our home in an unbelievably special way.  As I type, she is napping in my lap and I love it!
     In April when we lost our sweet little 17 year old Shih Tzu, Mercy, we thought we could never love another dog.  We still miss her and just typing this brings a lump to my throat.  But just a few months after losing her our house just didn't seem complete.  Mercy had given us so much love.  We needed to feel that again.  So the search began.  Newspapers.  Websites.  Even phone apps designed for finding just the right pet were incorporated in our search.  Friends, family and neighbors kept watch for us.  On New Years Eve my dad told me of some puppies he had learned about.  I made the call.  Texts were exchanged.  And that evening we had Pippa!
     Pippa is amazing!  She's a round little fur ball with beautiful clear blue eyes.  Weighing in at slightly less than a 1 lb 12 oz jar of peanut butter (we didn't have scales to weigh her so this was the closest we could come) she is bundle of fun.  Her Merle Pomeranian coat is unlike any I've ever seen.  She goes from resting, relaxed like a rag doll, to attacking her toys with such energy, determination and fierceness that you just know she thinks she's a 300 pound grizzly bear!
     This little fur baby runs thru the house crashing into things.  Trying to climb or reach something, she often turns a back flip after losing her balance.  Pippa is a hoot!  She attacks our socks like she thinks they are eating us alive and she has to save us from them.  When she's in her grizzly bear mode there is just about no stopping her.  She puts every ounce of her tiny little body into her attack.  And she loves on us with the same enthusiasm.  Sweet little puppy kisses that sometimes turn into sweet little puppy bites!
     While some say potty training can't be done at this age, she is well on her way to learning.  And she's even sleeping pretty much all night already.  I'm pretty sure we have the smartest puppy around.
     So I'm gonna spend a little more time with my precious little fur baby now.  But I'm sure there will be many more stories to come about the adventures of Presley Isabella Parks.  Pippa....Puppy Love!   

No comments:

Post a Comment