Sunday, April 27, 2014

He Said Thanks

     Reading blogs is not something my husband does on a regular basis.  In fact, I'm pretty sure he rarely ever reads mine.  So imagine my surprise yesterday when he told me he read my last post about praying for him and he even thanked me!  Although he has told me to blog whatever I want to blog and post whatever pictures I want to post and tweet whatever I want to tweet, I wasn't sure how he would accept my blog about me praying for him. When he text me "I read it.  Thanks"  I couldn't help but ask if he was mad.  He was not.  :)    
      Praying for my husband also involves praying for myself.  But before I can pray for myself, I have to make sure there is nothing unsettled in my heart about my husband.  Am I showing him the respect like the Word instructs in Ephesians 5:33?  It says "However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband."  Must respect.  Wow.  Not respect him if he deserves respect.  Not respect him only if he does everything he's supposed to do.  But I MUST respect him.  As Stormie Omartian says in The Power of a Praying Wife "Give me Your heart for him, Lord, and help me to see him the way You see him."
     Stormie continues to say that praying this way will free me to see his potential for greatness as opposed to his flaws.  Love grows as we focus on the positive.  Hmmm...maybe we could relate this to Philippians 4:8 "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable---if anything is excellent or praiseworthy---think on such things".  When we look at it that way......
      Like I said in the last post, I long to be a Proverbs 31 woman.   A truly good wife is the most precious treasure a man can find.  I think I've failed.  I know I've failed.  Verse 11 says that "her husband depends on her and she never lets him down".  Oh my.  I have messed up.  In verse 12  I see that "she is good to him every day of her life".  Oh dear.  I've only read a few verses and I'm in big trouble.  So much work to do. 
     Without God I don't have what it takes.  I can do nothing on my own.  I must ask God's forgiveness.  I must ask my husband's forgiveness.  I must leave all my expectations at the cross.  Otherwise I will continue to fail.  There is no way I can become a Proverbs 31 woman by my own power.  But I can do all things thru Christ who gives me strength! 
     Do you know my God?  Would you like to?  He is the great forgiver.  To be like Him.....

No comments:

Post a Comment