Monday, June 2, 2014

What I've Learned From Blogging

     First of all, I think the term 'blogging' is really funny.  Didn't we do that dance in public school music back in the 70's?  Probably not but that's how my brain works.  Blogging, clogging.  Which reminds me that we had to have the plumber at our house again recently.  Anyway, blog and blogging are funny words to me.
     My original reason for blogging was to archive family events and leave something for my kids after I'm gone.  Because I usually have a short attention span, writing an entire book was just out of the question.  And because I consider myself somewhat of a comedian at times, I also thought blogging might be an outlet for my comedic creativity.  I mean, people laugh at me all the time.  Of course it might not be because I'm funny though....
     While not everyone is interested in what I have to say (that's ok....I'm not always interested in what they have to say either) I have had some very nice comments on my blog.  I'm sure not everyone who reads it enjoys every blog I write.  I can't even say I would read some of them a second time myself.  But I am surprised that I have had several thousand views already.
     Something I didn't realize, I can actually tell where my views are coming from!  The countries that have checked in are  the Ukraine, South Africa, United Arab Emirates, Indonesia, the UK, France, Germany, Malaysia and of course the United States and Canada.  But I can also see what social media or search engine brought the reader to my blog, what browser they use and their operating system they use (android thru Facebook, iPhone thru twitter, iPad that keeps my blog open at all times). Sometimes I even know who is reading my blog.  Now that has been an eye opener and kinda fun information to have at times.
     While I know there are some really sweet readers who have told me they are touched by my blog, I know there are some who read it so they can make fun of me.  Seriously.  That bothered me at first.  Now I find it flattering in a sense. I've considered the source and it's the devil who deceives and uses them.    The sad thing is, when someone reads my blog with intent to make fun of me etc, the devil leading them is actually making their lives  miserable. Really really a sad thing. I pray for them.  They need Jesus so badly.
     The best part of blogging is that I get to tell of God's love for us.  Knowing Jesus is the best part of life is amazing but now I get to share it with my readers.  Living every moment for Him is something I want to experience and share.  Enjoying this life He has given us instead of letting circumstances rule us is a goal I have and want to encourage readers to have as well.  Sharing truth.  The most important thing is sharing truth.   The Word tells us in John 8:32 "and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free".  My little blog about my family has turned into a way to convey the truth of God's love for us.  Truth?  Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life (John 14:6).  I blog about the Truth.  I know the Truth!  I have the Truth living in me and I want to share Him with you.  Do you know Him?  Would you like to?
    

No comments:

Post a Comment