Thursday, December 11, 2014

Has God Ever Loved Me?

     Has God ever loved me?  Wow.  What an awesome responsibility.  When I write here, often it's just for fun.  Sometimes it's God inspired.  And I usually pray it touches someone's heart.  But when I was looking at where the traffic was coming from and saw that someone had googled  and I quote "has God or Jesus ever love me......." it took my breath away.  Just to think that someone was searching and really wanted to know if God loved them and that search brought them to my blog.
     So.  Here's the answer.  Yes.  God loves you.  "For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son that whosoever believes in Him should not parish but have everlasting life."  John 3:16.  Yes Jesus loves you.  He came to earth, perfect and sinless, just for you.  Jesus lived a sinless life but was treated like a horrible criminal, just for you.  He died on the cross just for you.  Three days later he rose again and then 40 days after that He ascended to Heaven where He is waiting for you. 
      Now that you know He loves you, what comes next?  Well let me tell you.  The free gift of God is eternal life (Romans 6:23).  How do you get that gift?  The Bible tells us that ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23).  There is not one person who has not sinned.  What does sin do?  It separates us from God.  Does He still love us when we sin?  Yes.  But God is Holy.  He cannot participate in sin.  In fact, sin is really the only thing God doesn't understand.  Why would He?   Is there any sin He can't or won't forgive?  No.  He will not only forgive your sins when you ask Him, He will forget they ever happened.  That's how much He loves you!
     Would you like to know Him?  Would you like forgiveness of your sins?  Then pray with me please.  "Dear God.  Thank you for sending Jesus to die for me.  Please forgive me of my sins.  I want to live for You.  Take my life Lord.  Jesus come into my heart.  I accept You as my Savior.  I ask you to be Lord of my life.  From this moment on, I am yours.  Amen." 
      Now.  2 Corinthians 5:17 says that you are a new creation!  You sins have been washed away by the precious blood of Jesus.  I encourage you to pray and get to know Him.  Find a church.  Worship with other believers.  Read His Word.  Learn to trust Him.  He has such an amazing plan for you!  I'm praying for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment