Saturday, June 13, 2015

I May Get Arrested the Next Time I Take a Walk

     Walking, as a form of exercise, is something I started doing over two years ago.  I kinda got bored at just walking though.  So I tried running and I really liked that.  The competitor in me kept trying to go faster and faster and farther and farther.  But then my knees started not enjoying the running so much.  So it was back to walking.
     Because of the extra hours I've been putting in at work lately and just plan ole exhaustion, I haven't taken many walks.  Didn't think anyone noticed except me.  Then my husband came home one night last week and told me that the 'boys' at a certain fire station near our house had asked about me.  Well what he said was that they wanted to know why his miniature wife hadn't been running by lately.  Miniature wife?  Yeah apparently he thought that sounded better than 'little woman'. I still don't know exactly what they said but I do think it's funny that they've noticed!
     Always wishing I could draw or paint and never having that ability or talent, I became interested in photography.  In fact, my photography is scattered throughout our house.   A couple of months ago I started something new for me.  I take the pictures and then add Scripture to them, praying that God will use them to bless just one person as I share.  
     Like this for example.  I actually took a photo of hydrangeas for sale at Sam's Club!  I've started running out of flowers at home so I take pictures of flowers, clouds or just about anything else that catches my eye.
     Well, here's where the getting arrested part just might happen.  Because I get a little bored just walking, and because I see potential art work everywhere in God's creation (actually it already IS artwork....God's artwork.  He just lets me borrow it), I started taking pictures on my walks.  And I've found myself taking pictures of people's mailbox flowers! 
     Now, so far, no one has said anything.  And I'm hoping they recognize me by now and know I'm harmless.  But what if..........  I've imagined the police car suddenly following me as I happily stroll down the streets of our neighborhood, pausing at mailboxes and snapping a few photos!   The blue lights come on and I'm ordered to put my hands above my head and drop my cell phone!
     Would I really be able to explain this?  Hopefully they will let me go with just a smile and drive off thinking how nice it is that I am using these pictures to inspire others.  But if not, I hope they at least let me fix my hair and makeup before they take my mug shot.
    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment