Thursday, December 22, 2016

It's Fake!

     Here I am rewatching yet another Hallmark Christmas movie. While I normally can't sit still long enough to watch  anything more than a 30 minute sitcom,  these  Hallmark Christmas movies start getting my attention way back in October.  I guess you could say I'm addicted.   And yes I even love it when they show their Christmas movies in July!
      So here I am,  cappuccino in  one of my favorite Christmas mugs,  watching tears come into the eyes of a son  as his father plays  "The First Noel" on the piano  just like he did last night when I was wrapping Christmas presents.   And the situation that looked hopeless  is now going to have a happily ever after  just like it did when I watch the same movie last night.
      Such a sweet story right?    We all love a good happily ever after ending.   Well  most of us anyway.   My sons tend to tease me about watching these Hallmark movies.   They have noticed many similarities between each one.    It seems the main character is always having a horrible catastrophe.   And often it involves a missed  plane according to my sons.
      But the one thing I have noticed over the last couple of years of watching and re-watching these wonderful Hallmark movies  is that the snow is fake!   It's absolutely  fake!   Shrubs are covered with blankets that appear to be snow.   But they are all too perfect.  Snowmen are perfectly shaped  and actually wiggle and wobble when  buttons are placed on for eyes.   I don't know about you but I have never had a snowman wobble simply because I placed  button eyes on his face.
      I've watched people sit down on snow and the whole blanket move.  And a poinsettia being given as a gift that was obviously a fake flower! Not even a good fake!   But still I spend hour after hour watching Hallmark Christmas movies.  And it doesn't matter if Lacey Chabert  is playing  a widow or a young woman in love;  or if Candace Cameron Bure is falling in love with a fellow snowstorm survivor or with the son of the innkeeper,   I am pulled into the story and head over heels in love with the happy endings.
      Fake snow or not,  did you know that we can all have a happily ever after ending?   There is only one way.   By excepting Jesus Christ as our Savior.   And that is what Christmas is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment