Friday, December 16, 2016

I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up

     I have a new exercise. Sock skating. Seriously. Every night I put on the slickest socks I can find. Walking through the house during the Christmas season  wastes too much valuable time that I could be decorating, creating, cooking, writing etc. So I get from one place to the other by sock skating!  It's much quicker than walking and I have assured myself I'm burning tons of calories.
     There is also an added bonus. Less sweeping. These fluffy socks pick up dog hair and lint like crazy. Every 30 minutes or so, just clean off the gunk and your socks are ready for another go!      
     When I first told my family about my new mode of transportation, the suggestion was made that I get one of those life alert pendants. You know. Like the sweet gray haired grandmother gets in the commercial after her family discovers her alone in the kitchen floor, unable to move.
     Really?  I'm 55 folks!  Not 105!  Sure it sometimes takes me a little longer to remember that that big box in the kitchen that keeps things cold is called a refrigerator.  And sure I sometimes don't remember where I'm going. But what's the big deal?  That's been going on for years!
     About a month ago we put up our outdoor Christmas lights.  Because of time constraints I volunteered to get up on the roof to help. The 'NO's could be heard all over the neighborhood!  What's the deal people?!?
     While I love my family, and appreciate their concerns for me, I will continue sock skating. So, please excuse me while I skate off down the hallway  to take care of these gray roots no one is supposed to know about.  No one is gonna offer me a senior discount anytime soon!  And when sock skating becomes an actual sport, I will have lead the way!

2 comments:

  1. Lol 😂😂😂 you have seriously made me laugh out loud! Love you my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be trying this out! I pray I don't kill my self. Hahahaha I'll let you know how I do.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete