Sunday, January 1, 2017

Resolutions

       OK so we just started a brand-new year.   And as usual I wanted to be asleep at midnight.   This year I actually got to do that!    I don't know why but the countdown just is not a big deal to me.   I've never noticed anything different after midnight.   Nothing has changed  except the date.   I've tried to get excited about it but it just doesn't happen.
      So maybe that's one reason I don't make resolutions.   I don't have a problem with those who do.   But I've just never figured out anything that I thought I should do  on January 1 that I shouldn't of done on December 31.
      At this point I guess you could say I'm just getting old.   Of course that doesn't give an answer for the last 50 something years  that I've been on this earth  and not made  New Year's resolutions.  But really.   Is it necessary for there to be a brand-new year for us to make changes in our lives?
        Resolution.   I am resolved to being open to make those changes every day,  not just on January 1.   I may not always do it right.   Sometimes I completely fail.    But I'm gonna try.
       One thing I do know is   "...we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:28‬ ‭
       So I'm not going to sweat the small stuff.   I'm not going to make a New Year's resolution.   But I'm going to continue trusting God to work all things  for my good.   January 1 of 2017 and every day  following.   Because He said He would  do that for those who love Him. That's me!  Is it you?  Would you like it to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment