Wednesday, January 18, 2017

You're Hired!

      I keep getting calls from Washington DC.   The only problem is they come when I am away from my  phone and can't answer them. Argh!   I'm just sure it's President Trump calling me to tell me that I am hired!
      Seriously.   Maybe it's because I don't watch the news very much.   But I never realized how many jobs the president has to fill before he takes office.   So it kind of makes sense right?   I mean there are so many jobs to be filled surely one of them must be for me.   Not that I don't have a good job because I do.   But I also have a good imagination.  So.........
     Ring ring. "Hello?" "Hello. This is Donald Trump. You're hired!"  Oh man. If I could just stop missing those calls. I just know it's Mr. Trump!
     But if he doesn't call me (I don't know why he wouldn't) I'm pretty sure my imagination will continue.  For example this weekend I made a new planter bowl for my office.  As  I sit across from it doing my work  I can't help  imagining that it is a jungle!    Umbrellaed by the taller schefflera plants that remind me of palm trees, the lamp standing a few feet away is the sun that tries hard to reach through the thick vines of the jungle. I imagine myself walking through it, hearing twigs crack beneath my feet and the wings of birds as they take flight, escaping what they perceive to be danger---me.
     Yeah.....I'm plagued with a huge imagination. Many nights I've dreamed I was a firefighter or doctor. Somehow I just knew what to do even though at the same time I didn't have a clue. And then there are those dreams that I'm flying off to some tropical destination in a plane with no top but the wind isn't  blowing and  it looks a lot more like a living room than an airplane but feels more like I'm flying than sitting in my living room.
     I'm pretty sure you get the picture. It's always like that. Not exactly a Walter Mitty but not that far from him either!
      So Mr. Trump. If you've got a job that requires  a middle aged mom who refuses to act her age, has ADD and a wild imagination, I'm your gal. You've got my number. And I'll try to answer next time I see Washington DC on my caller ID!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment