Sunday, October 8, 2017

If My Life Was a Hallmark Movie

       Have you ever thought about what your life would be like if it was a movie?  While watching a Hallmark movie today I couldn’t help but wish my life was a little more like that. Predictable. Perfect seasons. Even when something bad happens like a wreck that results in amnesia, the person who has no idea who they are becomes a productive and loved member of the community.
      But would I really want my life to be that predictable?  My sons tease that some lady misses her plane in every movie. But I can’t help it. I’m a sucker for those movies. And no. I don’t want my life to be that predictable. Well, not all the time anyway.
      Just this weekend for example. I planned a quiet Friday night and a Saturday of sleeping late and then cleaning house.  Most of the kids had plans so I would rest. Somehow I missed one detail to a wedding the two youngest would be attending. It was here so they would be coming to town!
       While a complete change of plans for the weekend was unexpected, I can’t think of a better way to have spent it. I didn’t miss a plane or have a wreck that resulted in amnesia. And it was anything but predictable. Well......the trip to my favorite restaurant and my favorite dish delightfully consumed was predictable. But other than that, it was a blast from the past, a step out of the norm, and a whole bunch of fun.
      Ironing clothes  for the wedding while I couldn’t seem to find time to even get dressed was wonderful!  Then watching the football game and eating pizza with four amazing young people, well maybe it would have been more fun if we won. But we laughed and had such a good time!
      Have you ever gone shopping with a group of young adults?  I did that last night. I found myself walking in a line between two of my sons as we sang with the store’s music!  And dancing in the isles!  There was a time when I would have hidden from them behaving that way. Or told them to stop. And they may have been trying to embarrass me. But it didn’t work this time.
    Yes I’ve dealt with so much anxiety lately. Depression. PTSD.  And I wouldn’t let my kids out of my site as we shopped. But it sure was nice to get out a bit and just act silly.  Boy am I blessed. I admire my kids so much!  They are strong, brave, and absolutely wonderful. And they don’t mind being seen in public with their momma. Even if we are singing and dancing in the store isles.
      Is my life a Hallmark movie?  Far from it. More like a crazy reality show or Lifetime movie these last 20 years or so. But you know what?  I know how it’s going to end. Happily ever after. Thank God. How about yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment