Sunday, July 27, 2014

A Little Bit More Fun

 Well we have had just a few more fun things to report this weekend.  Here we go! 
 Mowing.  We have some men in our family who are very allergic to poison oak.  Of course we have quite a bit of it in our back yard.  So I just felt compelled to mow.  Didn't want those guys itching.  What I didn't realize was that our mower is having a few issues.  My good deed turned into blisters on my hand, green toes from mowing in flip flops, and a yard that was mowed but not very well.  At least maybe the guys won't be itching.  Or complaining about itching.
     Repairing Fence.   19 years ago my husband built our fence.  Hard to believe it has been that long.  Because of a recent storm, a portion of the fence needed a bit of attention.  So he worked on the fence and I watched.  For a while.  Since a wife is a helpmeet, I decided to helped.  He used the post hole diggers.  I helped get the dirt out of the post holes that the diggers couldn't get.  He poured the dry cement powder around the poles.  I held the poles and mixed the water into the cement.  He told me to mix the concrete until it was like play dough.  He even told me I did a good job!  We work well together.  And we have fun to boot.  I'm not sure I quite got the play dough cement down right but I guess we will know the next time a strong wind comes thru.
     Pippa.  To beat the heat, I swam twice on Saturday.  The first time, our 8 month old Pomeranian puppy Pippa jumped in before I got in.  She's jumped in like that before and always startles herself when she does.  Pippa prefers to have us lift her into the water.  Then she quickly gathers up the balls we throw out in the water for her.  She's quite the little swimmer!  And she loved it later when we swam again and 'daddy' swam too.  You would have thought she was our grandchild or something!  He picked her up above his head while in the pool and she just kept on swimming in the air.
     Wasps.  They're back!  Hubby chased them down and sprayed them a bit yesterday.  Then today Pippa and I were swimming again.  Next thing we knew, wasps were dive bombing us!  Our almost 22 year old son came to our rescue.  He saved us!  Those pesky wasps appeared determined to get us.  After he sprayed a couple, we hightailed it to the house, cutting our swim really short.  Hopefully those crazy things will be gone for good soon.
     Babies.  I spend pretty much every Sunday morning in the church nursery.  Usually just an hour, but this week I was there for three hours!  Spit up on.  Diaper change after diaper change.  Bouncing two babies at once and singing "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!  Sweetest Name I know!  Fills my every longing.  Keeps me singing as I go" over and over and over again.  Giving bottles.  Drying tears.  Burping.  Getting the baby to sleep.  Starting all over with the next one!  I had so much fun!  I think I would know the smell of a baby's head even if I was blindfolded.  That's such a sweet smell!  Now the spit up and the diapers, not so sweet.  But I love taking care of those little ones.  And I hope I'm helping them start a love for church that will stay with them the rest of their lives.
     Misunderstanding.  I get accused of not listening.  A lot.  I really think what's really going on is that everyone in our house mumbles.  Yesterday I understood the words "personal errands" in a conversation  to be "purple errands".  Didn't live it down all day long.  I'm sure many times I really am not listening.  But I'm gonna keep claiming that my family mumbles anyway.  :)
     Sleep.  It's time.  Back to work tomorrow.  And I'm sore.  Thought it was from the work yesterday.  Just realized......it's probably from baby wrangling this morning! 
    
    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment