Thursday, March 5, 2015

100

     Yes.  This is blog number 100 for me.  So I've been thinking and praying about what it should be about.  Funny?  Serious?  Hmmm.....  What has come to mind over and over and I pondered was this:  Prayer.  So this blog will be just that.  A prayer.
     Dear Heavenly Father,
          Thank You for all Your many blessings.  For health.  For food.  For our jobs and home.  For our family and friends.  Thank you Lord for Your Word which guides us and for making it possible for us to open it and read.  But most of all I thank You for sending Jesus, faultless and pure, holy like none other, to take our sins on Himself as He died on the cross to save us.
     God I pray, as I do pretty much every time I post a blog, that You will use this to touch even just one life who needs You.  One life who is struggling.  One life who is confused, deceived by the devil's lies.  One person who just needs a lift, a word of encouragement or a laugh.  I pray that these words will uplift someone today.
     Lord You know who is reading this.  You know their circumstances.  You know their hurts and their hearts.  You know their truths and their lies.  Lord Your Word says in Proverbs 5:21 that You see everything we do.  That you are watching wherever we go.  Knowing this Lord, may we ever be mindful of the fact that there is no thought we think, action we do or word we say that You don't know about.  Hmmm....and yet You love us anyway.
     God You keep Your promises!  Numbers 23:19 tells us that you aren't like us in that humans lie and change their minds.  But You don't Lord.  You keep Your promises!  You speak and it is done!  Oh yes Lord!  I trust You for this!  "I trust in God and am not afraid; I praise Him for what He has promised.  What can mere human do to me?" (Psalm 56:4).   Yes Lord.  You keep Your promises!  All I need to do is trust in You with all my heart and never rely on what I think I know (Proverbs 3:5).
     Lord God, You don't turn away anyone who comes to You!  There is no sin too big and no sinner too bad that Your blood, Lord Jesus, is incapable of cleansing!  Seems everyone knows John 3:16 Lord.  "For God loved the world so much that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him may not die but have eternal life."  Oh Lord, that's a wonderful thing You've done there!  But you go on to verse 17 and tell us, "For God did not send His Son into the world to be its judge, but to be it's Savior."  Oh my.  You don't want to judge us God.  You want to save us!  It's our own unrepentance that brings Your judgment Lord.  Please forgive us!
     Father right now I ask a special blessing for hurting hearts.  Those who are lonely or afraid.  The ones at their wits end about what to do next.  I pray they do look to You and not rely on what they think they know.  And I pray for the deceived.  The ones whom satan has lied to and twisted things in such a way that they think they are living according to Your will.  Oh dear God, please show them Your light.  Draw them in, Holy Spirit, with truth.  And for the prodigals Lord.  The ones who have known You and lived for You in the past but have been lead away by the schemes of the devil.  Dear God may they wake up today in the pigpens they have chosen above Your palace and realize that all they have to do is ask Your forgiveness and You will forget their past and welcome them Home!
     God You are more than amazing.  I don't know how anyone survives without You!  Thank You for saving me.  Lord if there is anyone reading this who doesn't know You, I pray that right now they will stop what they are doing and ask You to be their Lord and Savior.  And if there is anyone who has strayed Lord, I pray that they come back to You now, at this very moment, finding life anew in You.
      Let us always remember God, that You are in control.  And anything we do against You will only make our lives miserable in the long run.  That while sin may be fun for a season, there is always always always a price to pay.  But we know that Jesus already paid that price for us if we just give it all to Him.  Thank You that You always have our best interest at heart.  I thank You and I praise You in Jesus' wonderful name, Amen.
    
   

No comments:

Post a Comment