Thursday, January 7, 2016

Oh Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!

     It's about time for some fun stuff!  Us girls.  We work hard!  And it's not like we don't enjoy taking care of our families.  We do!  But sometimes we just wanna have some fun.  And I'm learning that having fun can have an awful lot to do with the attitude.,
     Glitter.  I love glitter!  But it seems a lot of guys are afraid of glitter.  With the recent celebration of Christmas, I did at least my share of decorating.  Lots of those decorations are glittered.  When it was pointed out that I had glitter on my face during a decorating session, I appreciated that someone cared enough to point it out.  But I let them know that I actually have a bottle of glitter that I spray on myself sometimes!  And I just don't understand why some guys are afraid of glitter.  :)  
     I've probably mentioned before that I'm not very good at sitting still in front the TV for a movie.  While my family watched a couple of Star Wars movies (I think it was just two....got kinda lost) a couple of weeks ago, I gladly joined them.  Not to watch the movies.  But I had fun drawing on my new chalk board I got for Christmas!   I am not much of an artist, but my family was glad that I sat still with them for just a little while.  And I had fun being 'creative'.  It was all in the attitude.
     Recently I wrote about skimming sea shells in the ocean.  Now that trip was so much fun!  But less than 24 hours before we were to fly away to paradise, we found out we had an electrical problem at home.  In fact, not just a problem.  We had a fire in the meter thingy on the outside of the house!   Instead of freaking out, prayers were said, smiles were worn, and the problem was fixed.  Nothing was stopping us!  And we were able to leave knowing our home and family were safe.
     Stepping out of the airport in Jamaica that next day, I was in awe!  There was just no way the flowers and plants I was seeing were real.  Just no way.  They were beautiful and perfect and vibrant.  I had never seen such perfect colors other than on silk flowers in the craft stores.  That was it.  They were tricking us! They had placed fake plants and flowers everywhere just to make us think something could be that amazing!  Yeah.........well I finally touched a couple of them and found out I was wrong.  It was then that I realized these were the real deal and the ones I had seen in the store were made to look like these.  So where is the fun in that?  I got a good laugh at myself!  And I probably took like 1,000 pictures of those beautiful real plants and flowers!
     Ok so then they couldn't find our reservation.  Oh no!  I felt the panic start to rise even when the desk clerk said "no problem!".  "No problem mon".  That was the saying of the week.  What a fun attitude! I'm pretty sure we could all learn a lesson there.  Attitude.  No problem.  Nothing is really a problem!  And we 'qualified for an upgrade' once they found our reservation under a combination of names and not just our last name.  That was no problem mon!
     I know I've mentioned before that I love shoes!  In fact, I'm thinking of turning a bedroom into a shoe closet.  Just call me Imelda haha!  (If you're very young you might want to look her up.)  I don't like to shop.  At all.  Except for shoes.  I can't imagine what it would be like to have every style of shoe and boot I ever wanted.  What a dream!
     So back to now.  Christmas is over.  Glittery decorations have been taken down and placed in the garage but not put away just yet.  Well most of the decorations and waiting in the garage.  We still have four huge poinsettia plants in the house.  Not many years ago I would have considered that really dumb.  Christmas is over so all signs of it should be gone too.  But I kinda think it would be fun to see if I can keep these four plants alive.  May set them by the pool this summer!  Because, you know, girls just wanna have fun! 
     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment