Friday, January 29, 2016

Hiding From God

 





       You can't do it.  "You will never succeed in life if you try to hide your sins."  Proverbs 28:13a  Not only can you not hide from Him, but Proverbs says you won't  even succeed in life.  The Message Translations says "You can't whitewash your sins and get by with it." Why not?  God knows.
     He always knows.  He is Omniscient.  He is everywhere.  Omnipresent.  He is all powerful.  Omnipotent.  So are you really gonna try to hide from Him?
     The rest of Proverbs 28:13 says "confess them (your sins) and give them up; then God will show mercy to you."  Mercy!  Love that word!  The Message Translation says "you find mercy by admitting and leaving them (your sins)".  Mercy!
     Mercy.  God's mercy.  Withholding God's judgement.  Not giving us what we really deserve for those sins we were trying to hide.
     So just how is your life going?  Really?  Are you where you wanted to be by now?  Are you living openly before the Lord?  
     Think about it.  Not because I suggested it.  But because you know you need to.  Is there anything in your life that doesn't align with God's Word?  Is there anything you think your are hiding and won't be found out?  
     Hiding from God.  Making excuses for your behavior.  Blaming someone else for your actions. None of this will work.  Confessing your sins.  YOUR sins.  Not making excuses.  Now that works. 
     Remember God sees all.  He is everywhere.  And He is all powerful.  Might as well give it up.  You can't do it.  You can't hide from Him.  WE can't hide from Him.  
     Dear Lord, I confess my sins to You.  I come before You openly, nothing hidden.  It's all there.  Lord please cleanse me completely from my sins.  MY sins.  What I've done that was against Your Word.  
     Father I thank You for Your Forgiveness.   I thank You that You truly forgive and forget when we confess and forsake our sins.  Please give me a nudge when I start to stray or give in to temptation.  I want to glorify You with my whole life.  Amen
      No we can't hide from God. But we CAN hide IN HIM! Thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment