Saturday, April 8, 2017

I've Got It.......

      Getting a medical diagnosis  is usually not a fun thing.  Getting two in one day,  well that's a bit overwhelming.  That was what my day was like this past Thursday.  
      You would probably expect me to go into detail here.   And I will to a point.   But this is very personal.   More than I care to share at the moment.   I find my mind reeling at times as I think about that day and what I have to face.
       My first diagnosis of the day  was one that was kind of expected.  Not welcomed.   But I had been referred from one doctor to another already to deal with it  so I kind of knew a little bit about what was going on.   Hopefully a medical procedure will put an end to it.    It's a diagnosis I have dealt with before.   Several times before as a matter fact.   And treatment has always taken care of it.   Very awkward and painful and not fun treatment.   So that's what I have to look forward to there.
      My second diagnosis of the day came as a shock.   It was somewhat related to the first  in that both diagnoses came because of the choices of someone else.   The second diagnosis is not something that can be taken care of with a medical procedure.    In fact I didn't even realize while I was still in the office what was going on.   It was hours later before the words came back to me.   I sat in silence realizing.........
      I'm not asking for sympathy.   Not trying to get attention.   Been doing a lot of crying.   But here's the thing.   I am an overcomer.  I am  victorious.   I proudly still proclaim Philippians 4:13.  I don't expect the next few months to be easy.   But I do know God is on my side.  That day I felt Him holding me like I was a little girl sitting on the lap of her loving Daddy.  And I know He's still holding me and smiling at me. Taking care of me.
      I also know that I must continue standing in the gap.   Praying for others who are prodigals, blinded by the enemy.    My tears are not just for me.    My God forgives.   I want to be like Him.  Even now. Even more.

1 comment: