Friday, April 28, 2017

When Happiness Hits

      I have been so stinkin'  busy today.   I am exhausted.  And it is wonderful!    Is everything great my life?    Oh boy..... if you only knew.   But I've realized something.   I'm happy!
       I honestly cannot tell you the last time I was really happy.   Just the other day a comment was made about how well I hide the circumstances of my life.  No matter what is happening I'm usually smiling. Very few people knew  that that smile was only from the teeth out.
      So  what is making me happy?   Nothing.   Who is making  me happy?    No one.  Nothing and no one can make you happy. It has to come from within. But my happiness has been buried under burdens for years. Depression rose up in my throat every morning, choking any chance for happiness. All disguised by a smile.
     Then yesterday it started. I was almost afraid to believe it. The sickening lump in my throat was gone. I checked for it. I waited for it. It kinda tried to sneak in a time or two. But it left just as quickly as it arrived.  And instead of sadness, happiness hit!
      This morning I got up dancing  and singing.  Praising the Lord and smiling from deep down inside.  I'm sure the dog wondered what was going on.  But she just silently watched me experiencing  joy.
     Will I ever be sad again?  I'm sure I will. How about depression?  Well it has been a part of my life since long before I knew that's what it was. 'But God wants you to be happy' you might say. Hmmmmmm........  More than being happy, I believe God wants us to be holy.
      How do we become holy?  Jesus. Without Jesus I am nothing.  Happiness doesn't really matter. Sadness doesn't matter. Absolutely nothing matters.  If we don't have Jesus. Am I enjoying this newfound happiness?  You can be sure I am!  Am I holy?  Well I know Jesus. I try to trust and obey Him. How about you?  Do you know Him?  Would you like to?

1 comment:

  1. Bring on the happy, sister! Remember the Snoopy dance? Yeah, do some o' that!

    And you've got it right... God definitely cares about our holiness first. HE will bring the happiness.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete