Tuesday, January 6, 2015

This and That and Some Other Stuff

     As I sit here with our pup Pippa snuggled up against my right elbow, I'm wondering just what's going on.  Could be because everyone else is either out or just not in the room so she wants companionship.  Or it could be because she senses that tomorrow we are set to have the coldest weather of the season so far so she's just practicing getting warm.  Or maybe she just likes me.  :)
     Ok well since this is called This and That and Some Other Stuff, we will start with the this.  Tomorrow our daughter goes back to college.  This is killing mom.  Dad and brothers seem fine.  But this is absolutely breaking mom's heart.  I just got used to her being home and she's going again.  (See Taking our baby girl to college )  Of course she hasn't spent much time at home during Christmas break but having her here at least some of the time sure does change the dynamics.  When she's away it's just me and a bunch of guys.  Well Pippa is here too of course.  But anyway, I just miss her like crazy when she's not home.  Better stop or I'll be crying again.
     Now for some That.  Did you know that people still actually call the fire department when they see a cat is stuck up a tree?  Yep.  I heard it with my own ears.  I've been visiting hubby at fire stations lately because he seems to be at work most of the time.  We sit in the car for sometimes an hour or two and catch up on things.   Hey!  Just realized that's kinda like a date!  Only instead of listening to music we are listening to radio traffic so that he can give me a quick kiss and hop out to go get on a fire truck should he be called out.  Anyway,  while on one such visit this weekend the dispatcher called for a certain pumper truck.  (By the way, I have permission to tell this story but I assured him I wouldn't name names etc.)  The dispatcher said it was a public service.  We waited to hear just what that Sunday afternoon public service call might be.  You could hear the smile on the dispatcher's face when she announced that a cat had been up a tree for two days!  The fireman's response....  "oooookaayyy".  That was just too funny.  My husband has told me many times that if you just leave a cat up a tree long enough it will eventually come down because it's hungry.  Apparently some people haven't figured that out yet.
     Well we've covered the This and the That so I suppose it's time for some other stuff.  Been meaning to write about this for several weeks but have been kinda consumed with our amazing Christmas.  (See Operation Momma's Christmas Surprise )  Anyway, several weeks ago I had a dream that included our kitchen being yellow.  Now I know this blog is called My Yellow Garage but yellow has never been on my list of favorite colors.  Still, the garage is yellow, and until recently our bedding was yellow.  When I had that dream I just knew it was time for more yellow.  So with the help of a son or two and one of their friends, the kitchen became yellow.
     During our painting adventure, one of the boys brought up Painting in the Buff .  If you haven't read this story, it's pretty funny.  Anyway, they always enjoy hearing how I thought their dad was painting 'in the buff' not long after we met when what he was really saying was that he was 'painting above' the door!  Talking about that reminded me of something I had never told them.  The reason we were introduced in the first place.  I couldn't believe I had never told them the prequel to the circumstances that brought their parents together.  They listened, smiling, as they learned that when their dad was young he would take his Bible to work.  The man who introduced us worked with him at a convenience store prior to becoming a realtor. (See Buy a House Get a Spouse  )  He was so impressed with this Christian young man that he thought we would be perfect together.  I'm so thankful he thought so much of my husband.  And of me for that matter!  The boys, well they enjoyed hearing about their dad being a strong Christian young man.  And I loved walking down sweet memory lane.  All because I had a dream that our kitchen was yellow.
     There's a lot more other stuff but we'll save that for another day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment