Saturday, February 6, 2016

My Chalkboard


     Last Christmas I got surprise after surprise. My plans were changed and the whole family surprised me. Then my husband told me he and I would be going on a trip to a beach outside the US. (We went to Jamaica!)  And they gave me the iPad I'm writing this on right now. So this year I wanted to make sure they didn't spend too much. I was so grateful for the sweet gifts I had gotten the year before. But I didn't want them being so extravagant this year. So. I asked for a simple chalkboard and chalk. 
     As it turned on, at the last minute, I needed a new mixer too and got that. But I also got  just what I had asked for. My chalkboard and chalk!  I will be the first to say that I am not an artist. But I am inspired. It's kinda funny. It's like I start getting little Holy nudges and a picture and scripture or phrase will pop in my head. 
     Like today. I was busily cleaning out a kitchen cabinet and 1 Cor 13:5 kept coming to mind. Love keeps no record of wrongs.

   
     So this is how it turned out. Yeah I know it's not artistic in the least. But I just felt inspired to show a bunch of erased chalk and then make the word 'wrongs' appear to be being erased.
      But what does this scripture mean?  Well. Let me give you a couple of examples. Have you ever had someone accuse you of something?  What did you do?  Did you lash back with things your accuser had done as well?  Did you start quickly scrolling through memories (or old texts or emails or voicemails) to come up with something?  Hmmmmm. Guess what. That's not love. Love keeps no record of wrongs.
      How about this one.....  Has someone done something to hurt you?  It's ok to hurt. But how did you respond?  Did you retaliate?  That's not love. Love keeps no record of wrongs.
     Love is kind. Love is patient. Love is forgiving. And forgiving. And forgiving again!  Just ask Jesus.  He forgives me all the time.  Because He loves me all the time.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment