Sunday, August 13, 2017

Forgiveness to Restoration to Fellowship

      Way back in the beginning when Adam and Eve messed up,  they really messed up.   God created man for fellowship with Him.  But after they sinned,  things changed. From that point on  it was about forgiveness and restoration.   Because without those two elements,  there is no fellowship for us with Him.
      So just what happens when we don't forgive?    Well,  as Christians we sure don't make a very good example to the world.  Why would they want to be like us if we are just bitter old unforgiving  people with a chip on our shoulders all the time?
      Now you  may think that that other person doesn't deserve your forgiveness.   In your mind all they deserve is karma and you are the one to deliver it.   Well first of all,  I really wish people would stop using the word karma  when they think other people are going to get what they deserve.   Karma is Hindu  and Buddhist  and has to do with past and future lives  and absolutely nothing to do with getting what you deserve here and now or even truth for that matter.  Anyone who uses the word karma these days is using it out of  ignorance.    Sorry to be so blunt  but I just wish people would really undestand the truth.
      Anyway,  guess what.   If I am offended it is not my job to pay the offender back for what they did to me.    It is simply my job to forgive.   This doesn't mean I am to be walked on.   Truth always needs to prevail.   It just means that I am free from bitterness and anger and pride and everything else involved in unforgiveness.
      So what happens when I'm free from all those things that go with unforgiveness?   It means that I can have fellowship with God.   And do you know what?   If I've truly forgiven my offender, I'm gonna want to pray for them.  And......it is actually His  job  to make sure that other person gets what they deserve.
      Speaking of ........  just what do they deserve?    Well if they repent then they deserve God's forgiveness and then they are rewarded with restoration and fellowship with Him.  Now wouldn't it be nice if we would all make that same choice?

No comments:

Post a Comment