Thursday, August 31, 2017

I'm Feelin' Fifty-Six!

      Ha ha!   Not really even though I am.  56 that is.   As of yesterday.   That's four from 60 you know.   So I made some decisions yesterday.
      For one thing,  why would I wonder about things anymore?    I mean seriously.   I think I'm getting old enough that I can get by with doing some things just because I'm an old lady.   So when I looked at the beautiful fountain in the corner of my dining room yesterday and wondered what it would look like if the water was purple,  I made the water purple!   And I love it!
       When we went out to my favorite restaurant last night  and  someone else there was celebrating a birthday,  I threw up my arms and started singing  "They say it's your birthday. Na na na na na.  It's my birthday too! Na na na na na."   I don't know if the laughs at my table we're out of embarrassment or enjoyment.   But it doesn't matter.   I'm 56!  I was having a good time!
        Occasionally I go to the mailbox while still wearing my my nightgown.   Now if I lived on a quiet street it might be different.   But there is a very busy street that goes right by my house.   I'm usually very quick when I run to the mailbox in my nightgown.   However yesterday I took my time walking to the mailbox, yes while wearing my nightgown.  I'm on vacation this week  and was in no hurry to get dressed for the day.  Besides ,  I'm  56!  If I want to get the mail wearing my nightgown I will!
      I'm in bad need of a pedicure.   My roots are showing.   But I am in the mood to do some crafts today.   So that's what I will do.   If anybody says anything about my roots or my nails,  or my windows that need cleaned for that matter,  I'm 56.  So I will get to those things when I decide to get to those things.
      My family and friends made my day so special yesterday.   Flowers and gifts  and cards and texts and phone calls.   I can't remember when I've had a better birthday.   I am so truly blessed.   If that one day is any indication of what the rest of my year will be like, I think I'm going to enjoy being 56!

2 comments:

  1. In two months, I'll be getting there too ;) God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful Helen! You will enjoy it! Thanks! You too!

      Delete