Sunday, September 17, 2017

What Next!!!!

     What's next!    Those two words are often the first thing out of our mouths after we experience difficulty after difficulty.   Unfortunately we often find out just what is next and it's usually not good.   However,  after writing here in recent weeks about what I have been through in the last several years,  I'm going to ask it anyway.   But for a different reason.
     Once I realized the truth about what had been going on in my life, as hard as it was going to be, it was time to start healing.   Have you ever had surgery or maybe a broken bone and you required rehabilitation?   Well this is kind of like that.   Only it's something that you can't see.   You can't touch where it hurts.   And the pain sneaks up on you again and again without any warning.
      But God.   My God has a better plan.   It is becoming more and more obvious that He has orchestrated an amazing healing for me.   I am experiencing things like I never thought I would.   Sometimes it's hard for me to believe it is real!   I am so surprised by His mercies.  And I guess I really shouldn't be.   But after years and years of pain and heartache,  I'm pretty sure He understands why I would occasionally expect the worst.
      So when I ask the question  'What next?'  I am not asking it to find out what horrible things are coming around the next corner.   I am asking  what is the next amazing thing God has in store for me!    You see I have discovered that all of this is part of my healing.   And while He  is healing me, He has saved another person, created and restored  relationships,  and is  doing something new for me practically every day.
      What's next?  Only He knows.   But He tells me it will be for my good and His  glory.   Even when it looks dark and scary.   I just have to wait and trust Him.   Others  may look at my life from the outside and still see a mess.  But I know my God is creating a glorious unfolding.   And when He has made me into what He wants me to be,  taken all this stuff the devil meant for evil and used it for good, I'm going to be even more excited to ask 'what's next!'
        While in the process of healing sometimes it gets really hard.   The  exercises can be painful.  But have you ever thought about this..... Jesus never healed just one eye of a blind  man.   Jesus never healed just one leg of a paralyzed     man.  When He raised someone from the dead He didn't raise them into sickness but into life! That excites me!  He's healing me completely!
        So what does He  have next for you?    Maybe you should ask Him.  You might just like the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment