Monday, September 4, 2017

Truth Be Told

      Have you ever found yourself wondering why it seems like you are getting hit from every side?  Like you just can't catch a break?  Like maybe you're even losing your mind because this just doesn't make sense at all?  That has actually happened to me for the last several years.  Until recently that is.  When I found out what was going on.
      It seems like every time I turned around someone was out to get me.   Harass me.   Say negative things about me that weren't true.   Accuse me of things I never did.  I was constantly cleaning up messes that I didn't make. Apologizing to people for things I didn't do.    I will admit it has been a nightmare.   But a few weeks ago I found out where it all started, and the light bulbs have been coming on and shining brightly ever since.
      All these years, while I was busy wasting my energy being upset with those who were hurting me,  what I didn't know was that someone else was telling all of them lies about me.    And when I found out,  it all started making sense.  It hurt. But it made sense.
      For many years I have wondered why certain people were constantly saying horrible things about me.   They did all they could to make my life miserable.   And I had never even met these people.   I was harassed on social media, via texts and phone calls.  Emails were hacked, a fake email was typed up to make it look like I had done something I hadn't.  I shut down Facebook.  At work and at home, while shopping or taking a walk, I was constantly on the lookout for someone to cause trouble. I'm currently dealing with anxiety issues because of it all.
      Then came the day truth was told. You see someone had decided to hide their own actions by making me out to be the bad guy.   It worked for a very long time.   And those people who were lied to stayed mad at me while I stayed mad at them.  I lived in misery, stuck between the lies of someone else and the people they told them to.
      I prayed and prayed and prayed.   I begged God for truth to overwhelm the situation.   And finally it did.  Proverbs 3:32 says   “For the devious person is an abomination to the Lord, but the upright are in His confidence.”  Wow. To be in His confidence----know His secret!  How cool is that!  I wanna be in on that, how about you?  Sign me up for the upright team!
      Obedience is my plan.   Holiness is my desire.   I want God to be glorified in my life.   And  what happens when someone does something to you behind your back?   Well, “......behold, you have sinned against the Lord, and be sure your sin will find you out.”
‭‭Numbers‬ ‭32:23‬b ‭ They won’t get away with it forever. Just wait. And trust the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment