Sunday, September 24, 2017

Well I Asked, Didn’t I!

      Have you ever noticed that when you declare something amazing the enemy attacks immediately?    Well that’s what has happened to me this week.   The enemy is just not as smart as he thinks he is though. His attack didn’t hurt me the way he thought it would.    Oh it hurt my feelings.    And it made me mad.   But that silly enemy  seems to forget Who is on my side.
       This week I found myself attacked  and blamed for something I did not do.   People who have never met me have been accusing me of things I had nothing to do with.   They were given false information and they ran with it.   I got mad.    I also prayed.
         God reminds us that we must forgive.  ‘Vengeance is mine’ says the Lord.   That means I have to forgive my accusers and those who have falsely reported about me.   God will take care of whatever punishment they should receive.   But it doesn’t release me from my legal and civic duty to tell the truth.  And I will do that. Tell the truth. Truth will prevail.
          So while these people have been telling these crazy stories about me and calling them facts,   they have actually been putting pieces of the puzzle together for me and not even realizing it.  Odd I know. But their desire to harm me has helped me. For what ever reason they meant to hurt me.  Use me to further themselves. Cover their own twisted lies.  But God has, once again, taken what the enemy had planned for evil and used it for my good. He didn’t bring me this far to leave me!
      “And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭11:25-26‬ ‭
        Ok. So I have no choice. If I want fellowship with the Lord, I must forgive them. And I can tell you that I don’t want to give up one second of fellowship with my Lord!  So, I forgive them. All of them.  Some of them are hurting me while knowing the truth. Some are hurting me without knowing the truth. But I forgive them all just the same. And one day all will know the truth.
       I feel badly for my accusers.  They need Jesus. Dear Lord, I thank You for loving me. Thank You for forgiveness. Please use me to bring these people to You. They don’t know You or they wouldn’t be doing these things. Father let none of them perish but all come to know You as Savior and Lord. Amen.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment