Sunday, February 4, 2018

You is Kind, You is Smart, You is Important

     These words that Aibileen said to Mae Mobley in "The Help" kept playing through my mind this week.  Well, the word 'smart' was replaced with the word 'good'.  But still.  The words just keep sneaking up on me and talking to me.  "You is kind, you is smart (good), you is important."
     I've spent years trying to be good enough.  Trying to be 'worth it'.  Often feeling like I just didn't fit in.  And some days those are the feelings that come at me from nowhere and hit me hard still.
     But Aibileen's words came to me this week.  And I was told, by someone who cares, that it was mostly likely the Holy Spirit speaking to me.  Reminding me.  Soothing me.  Wanting me to realize that I count.
     So Friday night I decided to treat myself to a nice, relaxing bath.  I deserved to relax right?  A fizzy bath bomb bath.   Now I have to say here that I have never been a "Calgon take me away" kind of girl.  I don't understand sitting in a warm bath, soaking, relaxing.  Honestly, it's not relaxing for me even thinking about it!  So,  I was talking myself into this bath Friday night and telling myself it was a treat because I deserved it.  While I was getting my mind ready to relax, I was looking through some stuff.  And I came across this comment that had been posted to a blog I wrote  last June. (I deleted the comments so they are no longer there.  I felt they took away from that particular post.)

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Some Things I Don't Understand": 

What I don't understand is how you can be so completely blind and naive. And maybe, just maybe it's time for you to give up. Your "hubby" that you speak of? Is welll....no longer interested. He's with me now, so get use to it! You're pathetic. I am glad to see that you finally stopped mentioning him in your profile. "Love being defined as his Wife", what did that get you? LOL sucker. It's just you and your precious Pippa now. If she had any sense, she'd run away too 
Posted by Anonymous to  Whispers and Echoes at June 10, 2017 at 4:04 PM

     Now why someone would say something like that, I can't imagine.  First of all, that blog was not about anything to do with him.  (And this isn't the first time I've gotten this kind of sad comment on blogs where I talk about Jesus. I've had quite a few and from different women so that's really even sadder I suppose.)  
     For many years I covered 'indescretions' so it would be easier for him to come home.  While these poor women were told outlandish stories about how horrible I was, I was home, looking through the blinds at all hours of the night, listening for the garage door to go up, laying awake, hoping and praying.  I was holding my breath as I drove home because he would tell me he was there.  But when I got there, he would have left just before I got home after telling me we would be spending the evening together and then I wouldn't be able to reach him the rest of the night. 
     What they didn't know was that I was waiting for him to come home from playing basketball when, in reality, there wasn't a game.  What the woman who wrote this didn't know was that he had been calling me and texting me all day that day.  Until I showed him this.  And then he shut down and started blaming me for things and accusing me of things that weren't even close to truth.  He wouldn't talk to me anymore.  Wouldn't answer his phone.  Only text hateful texts, accusing me of disgusting things.
    My response to anonymous that day, and still today:
Dear "Anonymous"
I'm so sorry you're still confused and stalking me. It's so sad that you have nothing else to do. Please be a little more thorough though. If you will notice, all my social media profiles have been changed, cleaned up, to look more professional. My kids aren't mentioned either. So your reasoning doesn't pan out there.
And as far as this adulterous relationship you are bragging about, I am praying for you. The Bible explains many times what happens to those who commit adultery. And it's not pretty. 
You obviously know absolutely nothing about my personal life other than what I share here and on instagram. I am very happy. My life is simply to glorify God. That's all. Everything else is up to Him. I hope you realize that you need Him too. I would be glad to introduce you to my Savior. 
Posted by Kim Parks to  Whispers and Echoes at June 10, 2017 at 6:34 PM

     Which was followed by yet another 'anonymous' person adding in their two cents.    


Dear Anonymous... You are not the only one he is with. I can prove that to you. He wasn't faithful to his wife or anyone else so why would he be faithful to you? I have recent "sex texts" from the past few weeks to prove what a fool you are. So get over yourself. And good luck with the cheating adulterous relationship. 
Posted by Anonymous to  Whispers and Echoes at June 12, 2017 at 5:29 PM

     So are there days I almost feel like I'm losing my mind?  You bet.  But this week I am thankful that I have been reminded that I am kind, I am smart and I am important!  Ephesians 2:10 tells us "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared, beforehand, that we should walk in them."  My Lord made sure I saw that scripture on a mug this morning that I had put away for a possible gift.  I knew I had to get that particular mug out  but didn't know why.  I didn't remember what it said.  When I read this verse that is referenced on it, I knew it was telling me "You is kind, you is smart, you is important"............
    Oh and that fizzy bath?  Well I decided to craft instead.  Maybe next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment