Monday, February 22, 2016

Don't Give the Devil a Chance




      "I'm so mad I can't see straight!"  Ever heard that?  Ever said that?  Perhaps you feel you have a right to be angry. And maybe you do.
     “If you become angry, do not let your anger lead you into sin, and do not stay angry all day. Don't give the devil a chance.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:26-27‬ ‭GNB‬‬
     The enemy is really good at reminding us of something someone did to hurt us. He wants us to get mad at that other person. He even tries to convince us that it's our right to be mad, yell at the other person. Call them names. After all, look what he/she did to you!
     Now wait just a minute here. Are you a child of God?  Well I can tell you from first hand experience that He doesn't want His children behaving that way.  Didn't He tell us to 'turn the other cheek'?
     Once again pride has stuck it's ugly nose where it doesn't belong. So let's just stop right here, right now.
     "Lord I repent of my pride once again. This very moment I ask You to change my heart. Guard it from the temptation to give in to the devil and be angry.  I don't want to give him the slightest chance.  I don't want to make him happy!  One thing always leads to another. I'm sorry. Please restore, renew and revive. Help me be a shining example of You. And You don't retaliate when wronged. You don't talk behind someone's back. You love. Just love. I thank You for Your wonderful mercy. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment