Tuesday, February 23, 2016

If



God if I could just have a do-over.
If I could live that day again....
Things would be so different now.
If I hadn't committed that sin.

If I hadn't said those words.
If I hadn't used that tone.
If I hadn't let anger win.
If I had behaved like I'm Your own.

But all the ifs can't change it.
All the tears won't make it go away.
All the begging and pleading won't undo
What I said and did on that day.

That day that life began to spiral down.
When the sun went dark and the thunder rolled.
The lightening cracked like the sting of judgement
And a seemingly unending storm began taking its toll.

But wait!  I know You! My Savior and my God!
While I can't undo, You still forgive!
You even forget! Oh my!
Please forgive me right now!

On my knees I bow before you Lord.
I ask you to take my sin away.
Teach me, Lord, to be like You
In each day and in every way.

I can't undo. But I can change
And show true love like You.
Thank You, God, for taking my mess
And using it for Your good!


No comments:

Post a Comment