Sunday, February 21, 2016

God Doesn't Love Me........Any More Than He Loves Anyone Else

   


     I walked into church this morning not realizing I had an attitude. It was a little church I've visited several times. Notice I said visited. So why was I kinda bent out of shape when I noticed someone has placed a Bible to save their seat right were I usually sit when I visit?
     I found a seat just one pew in front of my usual place. And I began my usual people watching prior to the start of the service.
     "You are not more important to me than anyone else here."  Wait. What?  God?  Is that You?  I was suddenly struck with the realization that I was suffering from a bad case of pride. Why on earth would I ever think I was better than these sweet people?   Furthermore, until that moment I didn't realize that I even thought that.
     “Pride leads to destruction, and arrogance to downfall.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭16:18‬ ‭GNB
     The sermon began. About pride. God was definitely telling me something. Pride. I thought I had already learned this lesson. Obviously not.
     God loves us too much to let us think we are hot stuff. He can't use a prideful person. At least not while pride rules the heart. But He can break that prideful heart if we let Him. Lord break my heart!
     A prideful person is always competing.  The prideful person refuses to admit mistakes. Whoa. Pretty sure I just saw myself in that mirror.
     “First pride, then the crash— the bigger the ego, the harder the fall.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭16:18‬ ‭MSG‬‬
     So here it is. God loves me. But not more than He loves you. He loves us all the same. He sent His Son to die for my sins. And He sent His Son to die for your sins. As they say, the ground at the foot of the Cross is level. By God's design.
     Today I repent.  Thank You Lord for showing me that I suffer from pride. I ask that You continue humbling me until You can use me. Truly use me.

No comments:

Post a Comment