Sunday, December 24, 2017

Come to the Manger

     This time of year, we hear songs and stories about a manger. While that may have been a common word back in the day, it’s not now. So just what is a manger anyway?
     I attended a Christmas Eve service today at the church where I grew up. While the faces had changed, the songs were basically the same. We sang about a baby, The Baby, in a manger in Bethlehem long ago.  The difference for me was that I was in the audience and not playing  the piano or singing or acting in or directing the Christmas play.
     Towards the end of the service, a young preacher talked about the manger. How it was the center point of the barn. The place the animals came to be fed. All of them looked there first, just as we should look in The Manger first and put Christ first in our hearts.
     That got me thinking. Since a manger is where the animals eat, and Jesus slept in a manger, I couldn’t help but think about “Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.”
‭‭John‬ ‭6:35‬ ‭
     It’s so simple. Come to the manger and never hunger again.  How about you?  Have you answered His invitation yet?  Would you like to?

No comments:

Post a Comment