Sunday, December 17, 2017

Follow the Star

     This week there was a meteor shower.  Since it was way after my bedtime, I figured I had missed it. I don’t know a whole lot about meteors but apparently there are sometimes some that lag behind. Because, the very next night, while driving a 2 hour dark drive home, there it was!  A meteor!  I was soooo excited.  I didn’t have to know much about it to know it was something special.
     “When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭2:10‬ The wisest men in the land were given the task of finding the Messiah.  They knew the king didn’t want them to find Him for any good reason.  But they, too, wanted to find Him.  They saw a bright star shining in the sky and followed it.  When they got near the end of their journey, the star stood still. They knew they had found Him. They rejoiced!  These wisemen brought Him gifts and worshiped Him.  And they protected Him by not going back to the king to tell him what they had found. 
      Ever hear ‘were you born in a barn’ when you left a door open?  It’s kind of a cut down. But you know what......it was good enough for the Savior of the world.  And these wisemen knew they had found the King of king and Lord of Lords. The One who had been prophesied all those years ago. 
     The star led  the wisemen to Him. You know, we all have a star, a guide, someone or something to get our attention to tell us about Him. So why do we not all know Him?
     Jesus left Heaven to save us. He was born in a stable to save us.  He suffered and died to save us. If we go to hell, it’s our own fault. We can’t blame anyone else. We all get the opportunity to know Him. 
     How about you?  Do you know Him?  Would you like to?  Please pray this prayer today. 
  
      Dear Lord. Please forgive me for my sins. I come to You now, knowing that the way I have been living is wrong. That I was on my way to an eternal hell.  But You have made a way out. Jesus I accept Your forgiveness today.  Thank you for coming to earth as a baby and dieing on the cross for me. Help me live for You Lord. And thank You that I get to live forever with You in Heaven. Amen.

    If you prayed this prayer, I’m praying for you. You truly have something to celebrate!  It’s your spiritual birthday!  And what a way to celebrate Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment